Tomorrow is my second time taking the TOEFL test. Hope it is the last time as well.
- Take a deep breath and don’t panic.
- Visualize what you read and what you listen.
- Bring some snacks for the 10 min break.
- Read the topic sentence first and then move on to the questions.
- Fully understand the details in the first time you read cuz there’s no time or energy checking it backwards.
- Write down the questions you are not sure. Check them in the end.
- Don’t choose the option that never appears in the reading. Especially don’t use your own logic to over assume anything. You are usually wrong.
- Take notes lest you fall asleep or lose concentration.
- Read the question and its options in detail.
- If you miss some points, eliminate unmentioned options first, and choose the most reasonable one.
- Pay extra attention when you hear: but… however… or when the speaker change his tone.
- Give precise and complete answers.
- Don’r rush, but also don’t pause while thinking about which word to use. Use your intuition.
- Explain examples mentioned in the lecture in order. Don’t jump to the second one first.
- Speak louder so that your intonation can be stressed.
- Be more dramatic then you usually are.
- Integrated part > 250 words.
- Write down every detail you can possibly remember in order.
- Write conclusion paragraph only if you have more than 5 min left.
- Independent part > 400 words.
- Make a brief outline in the beginning, and fill each part with topic sentence first.
- Give examples in every body paragraph.
- Restate your three points in the conclusion.
- Leave 3 min for inspection.
Scores(comparing to 2014): R29(0) L28(-1) S27(+3) W27(-1) Total111(+1)
so glad that Speaking has passed the TA requirement for some schools:)